Find out about the practical benefits of being an AUUG member
So — apart from the warm and fuzzies of being involved with Australia's longest serving Unix, Linux and Open Source professional organisation - what are some of the other benefits of AUUG membership?
At present, AUUG members are seriously discussing winding-up the organisation. This is primarily a result of lack of support and interest by membership at large; indeed membership numbers have dwindled to well below 50! In order to take part in this discussion, please subscribe to the Talk mailing list.
In previous, more joyous times, AUUG members enjoyed the following benefits:
- A quarterly DVD containing AUUGN (the AUUG Journal) plus an archive of useful software. In the past we have distributed BSD, OpenOffice.org and Linux distributions (including Fedora and Knoppix).
- Discounted registration at all AUUG events, including the annual Conference for Unix, Linux and Open Source Professionals, special events such as the Systems Administration Symposium, and free local monthly Chapter Meetings.
- Discounts to events run by related organisations, for example the SAGE-AU conference.
- The right to vote on the content to be included on future DVDs.
- An entry in the AUUG directory
- Access to the AUUGN archive — which will (eventually) contain over 30 years of articles from AUUGN
- An @auug.org.au mail address.
- A secondary DNS entry.
- The right to use the AUUG logo on business cards.
- Access to Podcasts of interviews with famous (and infamous) Unix, Linux and Open Source identities.
- The right to vote in the annual AUUG election
We are constantly looking to improve the value for AUUG members.
More information on joining AUUG or renewing your membership can be found on the Joining/renewing page.