AUUG runs a national annual conference around September each year. The conference is Australia's premier event on UNIX and Open Systems. It runs for 3 days and features many overseas invited speakers as well as speakers from around Australia. On the days before the conference there are tutorials given by recognised national and international experts.
Unfortunately AUUG currently has no plans for further conferences.
- AUUG2007: Quality, held at The Melbourne Museum, 12 to 14 October 2007.
- AUUG2006, held at The Rendezvous Hotel, Melbourne, 8 to 13 October 2006.
- AUUG2005, held at The Carlton Crest Hotel, Sydney, 16 to 21 October 2005.
- AUUG2004: Who Are You?, held at the Duxton Hotel, Melbourne, 29 August to 3 September 2003.
- AUUG2003: Open Standards, Open Source, Open Computing, held at the Duxton Hotel, Sydney, 31 August to 5 September 2003.
- AUUG2002: Measure, Monitor, Control, held at the Duxton Hotel, Melbourne, 1 to 6 September 2002.
- AUUG2001: Always On and Everwhere, held at the Carlton Crest Hotel, Sydney, 23 to 28 September 2001.
- AUUG2K: Enterprise Security, Enterprise Linux, held at the Australian National University, Canberra, 25 to 30 June 2000.
- AUUG99: Open Source, held at the Carlton Crest Hotel, Melbourne, 8 to 10 September 1999.
- AUUG98 - Open Systems: The Common Thread, held at the Sydney Hilton Hotel, 14 to 18 September 1998.
- AUUG 97 - Technical Solutions, held at the Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre, 3 to 5 September 1997. (Also see the photo gallery.)
- AUUG96, held at the World Congress Centre, Melbourne, 18 to 20 September 1996.
- AUUG95, held at Darling Harbour, Sydney, 19 to 21 September 1995.